What I Have Learned...

What I have learned - by...Jeanette Webber

Always read an entire recipe before beginning to cook

Always moisturize before waxing

Don't be shocked that your fat doesn't go away, it just changes positions

There's a distinct possibility that you have inherited your grandmothers chin/lip hair, but cannot  see it without outside help

My dream of becoming a professional synchronized swimmer is probably not going to happen
 (That's a joke - I'm a terrible swimmer.  But some sports just fascinate me - like synchronized swimming & team kite flying & the olympic sport that involves sweeping the ice and maintaining a lunge position in special shoes that aren't ice skates .... for so long...)

Not everyone wears pajamas

Skinny jeans (and leggings used as pants) are not complimentary on every body type

Always make sure your car is in neutral when you are at a drive through car wash.  When you 'drive through', people look at you weird and your car DOES NOT get very clean

Some words are easy to confuse, but can not be used interchangeably- - - especially in public
Tracheotomy and episiotomy (meant the first one - said the second one)
Projectile and ejaculatory (meant the first one - said the second one - was band (or banned) by Dennis to try to use medical terms from then on)
Zumba and roomba  (meant the first one, said the second one, but now own the second one and will never try the first one again)

What happens when I go to a new yoga class and try to lay on my back and pull my toes to my nose...another medical term....flatulence...didn't go back to that class either....a wall of mirrors....I looked at myself through my knees out, toes to the nose pose and could not stop laughing...(toot/laugh/toot/laugh...) I'm sure they were grateful for my decision to try a different class

Segue

There are some medical things I've learned to do, and learned information about, that I didn't picture myself doing...ever.  These aren't funny - these are times of victory.  Choosing to learn to serve those I love

I've learned that Jer 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - comes in the chapter that the people He's talking to find out they will be in the wilderness for 70 years.  How have I missed that context before?

I am learning to hang on to hope

I am learning to ask for help

I am learning to lean in instead of leaning away from God when I'm disappointed or wounded

I am learning that grief and joy CAN co-exist in my heart

Philippians 4:12...I have learned to be content...

Still learning...










Comments

lia crees said…
I loved this! Thank you for making me lol in my quite work cubby today I love you to infinity and beyond ❤️❤️❤️
butchiesgal said…
You always make me laugh! And wonder, and ponder, and be glad that you are my friend! You are amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love