Happy Birthday....

In going through my parents belongings, I found this picture.  (My sister added color - that's what she does to everyone and everything - she makes it beautiful with color and creativity.)

This is still me!  I am a 'jeans (that are generally too long - and cute, comfy sweaters - and fun shoes - and 'what is my hair doing? ' - and "look at those mountains... I want to run there" mindset.

I know I have frustrated my more together friends with my love of comfy jeans, my love of lipgloss and too little makeup, my tattoo, and my love of cute shoes.  But this little girl is still me.

I heard people tell my parents I had a belly laugh, and I still do.  I have embarrassed my friends in restaurants and stores and even once in a funeral when I tried to contain a belly laugh but it came out anyway - kind of through my nose.  Oops.

This year (for my birthday) I had this deep urge to write notes to all those who have been such gifts in my life;  I started to write...ok - I wrote... one.  But, in my head (Jim Gaffigan style) I felt like it  sounded more like a reminder to give me a present because my birthday was coming.  You know, like the people who start their birthday countdown on FaceBook a couple weeks before the actual date.

But honestly, I'm so grateful for so much - and so many...



Andrew, Maggie and Jack




Jeremy, Oscar, Tilly and Danita


Tilly styling Grandpa's hair

I'm grateful for miracle babies, and eyesight, friends (both lifers and newbies), and seeing what God has, is and will be in my life.  


This year has held some good surprises, and some difficult surprises - I am grateful for both.  They both strengthen me in different ways.  (Doesn't that sound mature? :-) )

Birthday days are...interesting, right?  Kind of a "YAY", and "Oh brother, let's not talk about this"!

Today, DW took me to Wildlife Safari and I got to feed an elephant, and pet an elephant and have her paint a picture for me.  Her name is Valerie.  I am a big elephant fan.  He scored huge points.




(Yes, the painting looks just like me! Ha!)

Today I am wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and cute shoes and socks that DW bought me that say, "Yes, I do have to pee....again."  :-)

Yep, this is a random birthday thoughts blog.  You figured that out by now!  

Here's my birthday encouragement...

Ps. 37:23-24
The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in Him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with His hand.

No Place I Would Rather Be (Set a Fire in My Soul)
https://youtu.be/fs6bdFzgQfY

Love and encouragement and joy and clarity and a big outpouring of HIS love on you today.  That's what I want for my birthday - besides the whole elephant experience!  :-)

~Jeanette












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love