Hair On My Face Lesson #1

So, you know from previous bloggings that I am somewhat trouble by the random hair that sometimes grows on my face. No one really warned me about this phenomenon so I am left to face it on my own! There is one hair on my jaw that is growing slowly - it's there enough that I feel drawn to fool with it during the day, but it's not long enough to....successfully rid myself of it. I need to let it grow a little longer! Oh...my...stars....so weird.

My grandmother had a whisker issue. I remember trying to kiss her good-bye but avoid getting stuck with the whiskers on her chin. (I am laughing right now at the strength and strangeness of that memory!) A couple of my grandkids are coming to spend the night tonight - I REALLY don't want my random facial hair to scare them, or be what is a stand out memory!!!!

This morning I was thinking - what can I learn from this stupid hair on my jaw????

Here's what I came up with...timing. Timing is really important in life. We want to fix things NOW. We want to have what we dream of NOW. We want to see the promise of God NOW.

We wreck relationships because our words are ill-timed. We wreck our finances because our decision to purchase is ill-timed.

We get frustrated and can even get angry at God if our timing does not match His. I've seen people lose faith over this. We have trouble WAITING.

Hebrews 11 is this incredible chapter showing us faith, and people of faith. It's so great...until we read that some people OF FAITH didn't see what was promised in their lifetime.

Verse 39 - "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something BETTER for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

In our culture we think it is down-right wrong to have to wait. I have heard (even in the church) that I need to be true to myself. But that is not what we are called to be. We are called to be conformed to the image, to the person, to the heart of JESUS. I need to be true to HIM, not myself.

Lord, I pray for those who walk the journey with me and are reading (and praying) right now. Give them faith...faith to live...faith to ask...faith to receive...and, faith to wait! Thank you for your Name that breaks every chain, heals every broken heart, and never stops loving. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love