The Rock

PS 18:46...."THE LORD LIVES! PRAISE BE TO MY ROCK! EXALTED BE GOD MY SAVIOR!"

Today is the Monday that follows a Sunday. Pretty profound, eh? THIS Monday followed last night's Carols and Bells Concert. Between the weather (unusual freezing rain and ice), sickness experienced by people involved, families experiencing losing loved ones, & strategic light/projection bulbs dying - I would have to say that this has been the most challenging Christmas project I've ever tried to lead the charge on. Yesterday morning I got up (very early) and prayed - and read - and listened. My brain would not let me sleep, so I can't say the Holy Spirit woke me up, but what I heard was interesting.

The gist of it was this....wherever I walked I would experience the Rock under my feet. (Ok...get ready for this...) Then, I saw in my mind's eye a couple of scenes from an Indiana Jones movie. (I know, I lost some of you right there!) In one of the scenes from this movie, the actors were safe if they only walked on the special stones. Those stones spelled out YAHWEH. If they walked on any other stone they were in danger. Another scene showed the lead guy needing to get from one place to another but there was no bridge to get him there. What was required of him was to STEP OUT INTO THIN AIR. When his foot stepped out, a bridge appeared. Just what he needed, but couldn't provide for himself.

Ahhhhhh.

Last night the LORD was so faithful. I am incredibly grateful.

Today I'm saying - Thank you for being my Rock!

Ps 62:6 - "He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken!"

Comments

Debbie Miller said…
Awesome..thank you so much for sharing..:)

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love