What IS that?


I've had this 'thing' on my arm for weeks.  I thought it was a little cut - no big deal - it'll be gone in a couple of days.  Hmmmm.... not gone in a couple of days.  What IS it?  Why does it seem weird?  Why won't it just GO AWAY.

I haven't wanted to mess with it, but today I got tweezers out - to mess with it - and in short order a significant splitter was pulled out.  An unexpected...splinter.

We weren't meant for splinters or other foreign objects to reside in us.  They open the door to bacteria and infection.

It reminded me of having an attitude or offense pierce our hearts....sometimes without us being super aware of it.  Something just doesn't seem right.  Maybe we can't even put our finger on it so we figure, "this feeling will go away in a day or two.  I'm probably just tired or too busy or just being weird or hormonal".  But it doesn't just go away.

The Holy Spirit is so great at surrounding that "splinter" of attitude or offense (if we let Him) and keeping it close to the surface so it can be taken care of without becoming toxic to our spirit.  When we allow yucky attitudes, or offenses to reside in our spirit - make no mistake here - it will eventually become toxic and we will pay a price so much bigger than the original splinter.

We can not pray or praise or read enough of the Bible to replace repentance.  It's really as easy as my tweezers getting the splinter out.  Let the Holy Spirit mess with the wound, that weird feeling that something's not right.  Let Him expose the splinter - - - we repent - - - He removes the splinter and heals the wound so that it's not a highway that spiritual bacteria can gain access through.  (Remember that the Holy Spirit's approach is very specific - unlike the enemy's approach which is a general load of ...condemation.)


Matt. 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Ps. 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

Prov. 4:23
Keep your heart with all vigilance,
for from it flow the springs of life.

It's time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love