Victory Lap



We just got home from a little vacation time. We spent 5 days in Mexico with our long-time friends, the Plunketts. 5 years ago we went with them to Mexico as well. But, that year, Lynne was in the middle of a major battle with cancer. Some of you might remember that I stayed with her to help with her care for several weeks. (This picture was from our trip 5 years ago.)

This time, five years later, she is cancer free. Hallelujah! We didn't really do anything super-spectacular, but everyday was a victory day. She made it through such hurtles and is still here to tell about it! Yep, everyday I loved just looking at her - and smiling.

5 years ago we stayed in a room that had a view of the ocean. This year, not so much. Our view was of....the building next door. But, the ocean was still out there - we just couldn't see it from the space we occupied. I could walk to the end of the hall and look out, or go down the stairs and out the building...walking with the purpose of seeing the ocean.

Will I walk with that same purpose to KNOW the presence of God? Will I stop sitting on my little deck and staring at the building that looms so huge and so close in my vision? Will I walk WITH PURPOSE into His Presence and His PROMISE?

II Cori.4:
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Lord, help us, Your kids, to FIX our eyes on You...to remember that so much of life as we know it now is temporary. And, THANK YOU for the victories! Thank you for Your abundance on our behalf! Thank you for your comfort! Thank you for your healing! Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for your love that is...always. Thank you that I get to love you back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love