No lawsuits, please...

Disclaimer:  This is not intended as a restaurant review.  (I reviewed a VRBO home experience - giving it a 3 star rating - and was threatened with a lawsuit by the owner.  This is not a review, it's an observation..)

DW and I went to Ashland for lunch yesterday.  Not a big deal to some, but a very big deal to me.  We don't get a lot of time alone together these days so a date day is crazy fun for me.

We chose to eat at a place that has unique, fresh menu items.  We were given a "creekside table" - yay!  (The hostess even said, "creekside table" with a "you're so lucky" attitude!)  Doesn't that sound great?
On the other side of my line of vision was quite a bit of activity.  Evidently, the storage/stock room was closer to me than the creek was!  Boy, was it busy.  There was a food delivery while we were there, and many items needed by the kitchen for preparation.
It was time for a choice.  (I am growing to hate extremely dislike having to be mature.)  "Jeanette, (I say to my mature self), "what will you choose to focus on - right now - choose.  How much it bugs you to watch people go in and out to get carrots and pasta?  The delivery guy who brought boxes up the cement stairs behind us on his wheeled delivery thingy - one clunk at a time?"  

OR

The chance to be with Dennis.  And the chance to hear & see water from the creek (which you COULD hear if you tuned out the other noise and busyness)."

This is the kind of choice we make every day.  Sometimes minute by minute.  "WHAT WILL I CHOOSE TO FOCUS ON?"

What you focus on will grow.  For me - during yesterday's lunch - it was the choice of peace on one side and frustration on the other.  I could choose to listen with intention to DW, or be distracted by disappointment.  

That pretty much sums up my every day choices right now.  Circumstances yell for my attention, my emotional involvement, fuels my need to want to fix,  but  - rubber meets the road - it's my decision what I will magnify with my attention.  Joy, peace, beauty, God's faithfulness, any ol' blessing that comes around.  Right now I focus on, "where sin abounds, grace does much MORE abound"  (Rom. 5:20)

Oh magnify the LORD with me and let us exalt His Name together.  I sought the LORD and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.  Psalm 34:3 - 4

Comments

Denise said…
Thank you for sharing this! It is a very timely word for me. I appreciate your
heart so much!

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love