No duct tape in sight...


I love the Sundial Bridge in Redding, CA.  The design is unique and amazing - and it's useful!


 Jack and I on the Sundial Bridge


The deck of the bridge is glass.  The support cables have a beauty of their own.  It's stable.  It's beautiful...I would say it's magnificent.  (Yes, I really like this bridge.)  It's well thought out and purpose-filled.

Jeremiah 1:5 tells us - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.  And before you were born I consecrated you..."

The biggest achievement of this bridge is one that many people miss.  It's so easy to be entranced by the glass and the structure and the view that it's easy to miss it's bigger purpose.  One thing this bridge attracts is spiders.  It's even easy to be distracted by the shear volume of spiders that find housing on this bridge.  (Yuck.)

THE BIGGER PURPOSE - to tell time.  Yes, the bridge is beautiful, but I've watched people walk along side the time line where the shadow falls and not notice that it's TELLING US THE TIME OF DAY.  A-MAZING.

Psalm 139:14 - I will give thanks to You,  for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.

Here's what comes to mind - - - 
The way God masterfully constructs our journey has incredible beauty, strength and purpose behind it.  We might not always see that.  

We can easily be distracted by what is easily seen with our eyes, and find it hard to remember that each piece, each day, each moment fits together to make something magnificent....purposeful.  We will not see the complete picture until heaven, but until that day we can walk with wonder.  A wonder that says....thank You.   Thank You for having perspective that I do not and cannot have.  Thank You for not being random, not duct taping my life (or the life of those I love) together.

And, thank You for the opportunity to be part of something huge.  When I am who You created me to be, Your light will shine and the shadow will point in a way that gives sacred direction.  

Comments

Joyce Kathleen said…
Wow. Love that bridge, love you and Jack, love your expensive decisions and well-chosen words.

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love