I Shall Not Want - Audrey Assad


I Shall Not Want
Audrey Assad
From the love of my own comfort
From the fear of having nothing
From a life of worldly passions
Deliver me Oh God
From the need to be understood
From the need to be accepted
From the fear of being lonely
Deliver me Oh God
Deliver me Oh God
Chorus...
I shall not want, I shall not want
when I taste Your goodness I shall not want
when I taste Your goodness I shall not want
From the fear of serving others
From the fear of death or trial
From the fear of humility
Deliver me Oh God
Deliver me Oh God

I love when someone paints a word picture of the very thing your heart is longing for.  I want to be led by His love....not driven by fear or need.  The difference in being led and being driven is huge.
This is not a song I lead from the platform, it’s a song that sings over me as I lay - face down - in my living room.  
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love