A beautiful, cracked container...

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV


I LOVED being at our home church yesterday.  I had missed the Sunday before, so that leaves a hole in my heart for our church family.

The worship team helped me RUN into the embrace of Jesus.  The missionaries expanded my heart by their vision - helping the deaf and hard of hearing in China - water filters supplied in one country - a surgical suite installed in another - nurses going to volunteer to provide medical care for children in yet another - familiar faces from our church family getting ready to go back to Cambodia.  Expanding the tent stakes - expanding our hearts...

But, one thing still sounds loud in my heart.  Someone described a picture they were seeing during worship of all kinds of containers with cracks and holes in them.  Those containers were us.  Some people thought they couldn't be a 'usuable' container because of those cracks, but the word she was given was this - God can always fill us faster than the leaks in our container.  The only thing that can stop us is - - - - us.  WE can decide He can't use us like we are, and WE can say no.  But the strong word was - HE fills us and continues to fill us and fills us faster than our weakness leaks.

I love that.

Will He heal our wounds, our cracks and holes.  Yes.  But meanwhile HE SAYS that His power is made perfect in weakness.

Oh how I love that.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love