Moments

We went on a road trip....with a portion of the trip planned with reservations and everything...the rest - - - under the "let's just see what happens' category.  If you know Dennis at all, you know that he is a planner.  He likes order.  He REALLY likes order.  And, yes, there were a few messy moments.

I had plans.  I anticipated deep (physical, emotional, spiritual, mental) rest, and lots of fun, and incredible clarity from God, and a significant move forward in processing my own grief and the grief of other people that I carry.  That was my plan.  I wasn't asking for  much.  :-)  And, yes, I will not be giving up my day job to be a travel agent.

What we DID experience were giant moments of joy.  The kind of joy that makes your heart feel like it's swelling.

I wanted to show you a video of Dennis dancing with Tilly, but I couldn't make it work so you'll have to picture that in your mind's eye.  So fun.

Then there was the day in Glacier Bay.  Immense, unbelievable beauty.  Ok, so, we aren't cruise people - we discovered that on this trip.  But, seeing the hugeness of God-made beauty really helps put my "stuff' in perspective.

Such a wonderful moment!

After the cruise we spent a few days in Victoria B.C.  Lots of fun moments - but coming across an accordion parade was unexpected.  A big international competition was happening and those players, from all over the world were SO EXCITED!  An excited accordion player is really interesting to watch - but hundreds of excited accordion players is very hard to describe!  (I have a little video of this as well, but couldn't get it to load.  Oh well.)

We met so many genuinely nice people.  And, had many more unexpectedly good moments.

One moment happened as we drove into So. Oregon....

 Crazy, beautiful moment!
The sun shining through a layer of lingering smoke produces incredible colors.  Hmmmmm....

I was (strongly) reminded of the fact that God cares (very much) about how we do the journey - not just that we get to a destination.  We might think that some big event or experience is the answer to our prayers, when - in fact - He is giving us gift-moments EVERY DAY but we miss them, because we are so focused on the big event.  I think it saddens Him that we miss His gift-moments....that we dismiss His gift-moments as not enough...that we discount His gift-moments as too little.  

He knows that we need rest, and fun, and clarity, and progress in processing life issues.  He knows.  And I am very, very, very grateful for the vacation time with Dennis.  So grateful.

But there is now a more heightened value of the gift-moments in my every day.


Jude 1:2

 May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.

Proverbs 16:9
 The heart of man plans his way,
    but the Lord establishes his steps

Deut. 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love