Yes, I steam-cleaned my face...

Tonight seemed like a good night to check in - blogging style.  I'm in an interesting place in the journey.  I want to be encouraging and honoring and fun and a few other things....but....it seems easier to express what I am not.

This week I am reminded that I am not a good cook.  Last night, Dennis asked me why my face was red and glowing.  The reason - I snuck a peek at some potatoes roasting in a 450* oven and evidently the steam from that hot of an oven can burn your face.  In my case, my nose proceeds my other facial features so much that it attracted most of the action.  I would not recommend steam-cleaning your face.

Tonight, all I have to say is...there is a big difference (evidently) between 3 tablespoons of flour, and 2 teaspoons of flour when you are making a sauce.  My eyes simply skipped a line on the recipe list of ingredients - I missed one stinkin' line - and magically I have now made some sort of instant paste instead of sauce.  Dennis, once again, was incredibly kind (and very hungry) - he said it was good.  Bless him.

The other thing that I'm not super great at is...waiting.  Every day.  Sitting in (what was) my dad's blue chair.  Listening to my mom breathe.  I haven't actually talked with my mom for, let's see, I think 6 days now.  So, her breath is what I listen to.  Sometimes it's hard to listen to it.  Sometimes it seems unlabored.  Waiting.  How weird that waiting can be exhausting.


Psalm 119:72 (The Message)


With Your very own hands You formed me; now breathe Your wisdom over me so I can understand You. When they see me waiting, expecting Your Word, those who fear You will take heart and be glad. I can see now, God, that Your decisions are right; Your testing has taught me what’s true and right. Oh, love me—and right now!—hold me tight! just the way You promised. Now comfort me so I can live, really live; Your revelation is the tune I dance to.

This is where my heart is during this waiting season.

Meanwhile - it's my turn to bring a snack for care group tomorrow night. Grown-up snacks, that (in our group) are homemade.  I'm sure I can whip something up......  :-}






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love