Storage Wars!

DW and I watch Storage Wars on TV sometimes.  People bidding on abandoned storage units, hoping to get great treasure for cheap prices.  They can't look in boxes - they have to go by what they can see and how valuable they FEEL the unit is....then they bid.

I have a storage unit with my parent's things in it.  After 3 moves, it's what I've decided (at this point) to keep.  I donated and donated and donated until my heart couldn't donate their life away anymore.  I kept stuff thinking that my dad would go back to living on his own after my mom passed - but, my dad has gone to heaven first.  Hmmmm.  I have kept stuff in case my mom asked for it, but she can't remember her past life that's in those boxes very well these days.  Hmmmm.  I have decisions to make - what to keep - what's valuable for my kids and grandkids?

I bring this up because I'm thinking that we keep boxes of stuff in our hearts.  Stuff from the past that we don't let go of cuz we feel disloyal if we do.  Clutter that makes it hard for our hearts to live in the present because it's too full of the past.  

It costs us something to keep that stuff.  

So, here's my challenge, and what I'm challenging you with...


LET GO.

Keep what is honoring, and let go of the rest.  

LET GO.

Realize that what you hold in your heart - even in storage - defines you.

LET GO.  



It's time...

  

Matthew 6:19-21 

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Isaiah 43:18-19 

“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

What I Have Learned...