"I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU..........."


I so like this picture.  I had bribed the youngest and the oldest with a peach smoothie from Dutch Bros.!  So much has happened since this picture was taken...

I'm going to write this blog tonight....not knowing what tomorrow will bring.  Tonight it seems my dad is closer to heaven than to life here on earth.  I love knowing that heaven is close.  I extremely dislike seeing  suffering.

I read from the Psalms to my dad today.  I hummed and sang, and I think he was trying to plug his ear - I'm not sure.  Ha!  Not the response I'd  hoped for!

I have never lived out "we live by faith, not by sight" (2 Cor. 5:7) more than I am during the moments of these days.

That's  a lot of "I's"!!!   (Have you ever counted the times you say "I" in a day????)

Now another kind of "I"...

"For I AM the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you - Do not fear; I will help you."  (Is. 41:13)

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  (John 14:27)

"I have set the LORD always before me.  Because He is at my right hand I will not be shaken."
 (Ps. 16:8)

LORD, please help me shift my focus from the pain to Your promise.   


Sincerely Yours, 
Jeanette




Comments

dianne kirkwood said…
Oh, precious, you guys are in my prayers today! Luv u so, di

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love