Game Show Winner

If there was a game show based how many church songs one knows - I would SO be crowned the queen.  Honestly.  I know A LOT of songs.


Tonight I am thinking of all the "please use me - I will do anything - go anywhere for You" songs that I have song with passion over the years.   At camps, during altar times, leading others in that direction or just singing alone in my piano room - the memories of surrender songs flash through my mind.  A LOT of songs.


I'm also thinking of how much easier it sometimes is to sing the songs than to DO the action being requested by heaven.  Not everything that one does for the Kingdom of God fits into one's 'giftings'.


The last couple of weeks have held some very poignant moments of Truth for me.  Would I serve Him by serving others in ways that are difficult or very uncomfortable for me (for more than one reason)?  I honestly looked at a circumstance and said those highly over exposed, marketed-on-a-bracelet, church words - "Jesus, what WOULD You do right now?  Am I serving You by doing this?  Am I loving with Your love by doing this? "


I can assure you that even though I experienced peace and direction, it wasn't really an emotional break-through moment for me.  It was an obedience, serving moment.


I don't know where those moments lead, or how they impact the Kingdom.  I just know that serving is not always convenient, fulfilling, romantically spiritual, or even clean.  Serving is loving Him and loving with Him.

If You can use anything, Lord, You can use me
If You can use anything, Lord, You can use me
Take my hands, Lord, and my feet
Touch my heart, Lord, speak through  me
If You can use anything, Lord, You can use me...









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

What I Have Learned...