Never, ever - play with matches...

I so wanted to load a song I heard last week so you could hear it. (I couldn't get it to load.) But, it goes to the tune of "Are You Sleeping? (..also known as Frere Jacque...)

 Never, ever play with matches
If you do, if you do
You could burn your house down
You could burn your house down
That won't do, that won't do!

It was one of the little Webber's preschool spring program songs. They also sang such hits as "Deep and Wide", and a 4 year old round of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" - and 6 other songs! THE BEST!

The match song was especially meaningful to me because one of our sons had a life-long love of fire. Even built a kiln for his senor project for GPHS. He built that kiln in our garage - through all stages of trial and error. We've had home made potato launchers, many adaptations of fireworks - and really - he burned his eyebrows off enough times that it's amazing he HAS eyebrows at all. Some of these activities were suppervised. Enough said.

 Why share about this? Well...

As a mom I know the feeling of, "what if?" "What if my son had learned the Never Play With Matches song at his preschool? Would that have changed his love of fire?" There can be some pretty big, "What if's?" in the heart of a mom. I am writing this to you, mom. You pray, you give your best, time goes fast (like all those older women told you but you didn't believe) and now, you look at your kids and the choices they sometimes make and you might wonder....."Could I have done something differently?"

Of course you could have. But, did you do your best? I bet you did! Is the grace of God HUGE? YOU BET IT IS! Does God PASSIONATELY LOVE your kids? Absolutely! Can you trust Him with your kids? Yep.

I don't generally feel like I'm writing to someone specifically, but today I feel that way. (It could be because I presently have a pretty hefty fever - but I don't think so!)

To YOU I'm saying, "quit spending so much time looking back and start intentionally looking forward". The people in the Bible that looked back didn't do so well. When we spend a lot of time looking back, we miss today.
    Philippians 3:13-14
    No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. (NLT)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

What I Have Learned...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!