What I learned from "Dirty Jobs"

Something has just stuck in my mind, so I"m going to share it with you!

By now you have figured out that God teaches me things in very strange ways - - so get ready - -

My husband really likes the TV show called "Dirty Jobs". It involves a host who goes and experiences people's occupations that are dirty or just down right strange.

One show involved something having to do with decaying animal meat. It evidently was very aromatic because Mike (the host) was struggling with nausea. The employees there suggested that if he smiled really big it would help with the nausea. Really?

Now, I don't know the science behind this - but, there might be a principle that I need to pay attention to. Do I smile when I'm walking through stinky circumstances? Or, do I frown and make sure that the people around me really understand how stinky my circumstances are?

I think the more I rehearse to myself or others how stinky life is, the more life increases in stinkiness! Honestly. It magnifies, it grows, it becomes bigger right before my very eyes.

James 1:2 says, "Count it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds..."

Why would a person smile in the middle of stinkiness? Because we know a secret....there's more going on than what we see or feel...there's a bigger picture, and more happening than we currently can understand. The pieces WILL all fit together someday.

James 1:3-4..."...because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything....!"

Yes, I have a clear picture of Mike Rowe with a huge grin on his face, trying not to gag - but it's been so good for me.

Lord, help me to use weapons of warfare that are mighty in battle. What thoughts am I meditating on, what words am I declaring? Effective weapons - the declaration of Your Word, joy, trust in You, rest, courage, joy (yep, worth saying twice), thanksgiving, praying in the Spirit - those kind of weapons that are strategic and powerful. Thank you for Your direction and Your bigger, higher perspective.

I love you, Jesus. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love