SUPERglue



It's Monday again! Let me begin by saying that when I call myself a 'dork' it is an affectionate term, ok? It is such a laugh-out-loud dork morning for me.


We have these 4 grandkids - everyone knows that by now. Our house is prepared for any of those grandkids to come and visit at any time. (Remember the 2 moving boxes of Geotrax that I bought on Craigslist???)

Anyway, one of the grandboys loves the cars from the movie 'Cars' - so we have a few. There's a little guy named Guido (I think) who helps repair cars in the movie, and we own one of those. The little drill came off the little guy so I needed to glue it back on....with superglue.

Tiny little toy, tinier little drill, superglue + ....me trying to fix it. Got the picture? Of course, the superglue runs down the tiny toy and down 3 of my fingers. With superglue you really shouldn't try to wipe it off with the other hand, because it's SUPERGLUE. (As I'm trying to unstick my superglued fingers I am saying to myself, "This is so SUPER" (or something like that!)! The story of trying to get the glue off my hands goes on, BUT this morning I went to where the toys are to find the tiny toy, and found that I set it on the toy Noah's Ark after getting it unglued from my hand. Noah's Ark now had a repair guy riding with all of the animals. DORK, DORK, DORK!!!!!

It popped off pretty easily, but really.....is ANYTHING safe with me around????

You're probably thinking, "Where is she going with THIS?" Well I'll tell you...

We talk a lot more about the enemies 'strongholds' than the stronghold that Jesus has on us. The reality is that in the Word, the stronghold of the Lord is talked about MANY more times than the strongholds of the enemy. Jesus has such a hold on us. He says, He is able to even make us stand! He won't let go. He doesn't back away when we embarrass Him. His love is deep and high and wide and STRONG. It's like superglue, but in the hands of the Master. He restores our souls. He makes broken places stronger, when we let Him be the Master Repairer. Those places He touches are stronger than before. It's amazing. It's LOVE. It's POWER. It's MERCY.

Some verses to get you started: 2 Sam 22:3, Ps 9:9, Ps 37:39

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love