Costume Jewelry


Yesterday I was wearing one of my favorite necklaces. It's a funky chain with a key hanging from it. It caught on something and the chain just pulled apart. I tried to put the links back together with my teeth but...it doesn't look so good.

It was a cheap buy, that I really liked. It didn't withstand pressure. I felt like I heard His voice - "Learn from this. It's costume jewelry. It's not quality, it's not tried by fire - it was inexpensive for a reason." My response - "But, I really, really liked it!" His response - "You got what you paid for."

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-3

Please hear that God sees your faithfulness and obedience in the face of difficulties. What the fire of your circumstance is doing is taking you to a depth in Him that is strong - able to withstand pressure - valuable - beautiful - a testimony of HIS GREATNESS. Don't settle for being a piece of costume jewelry in the Kingdom that looks good but falls apart under unexpected pressure.

Comments

judy said…
Am I 22 karat gold yet???

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love