LET IT RAIN!

It has been RAINING today. It was RAINING last night. BIG, GIANT DROPS. The kind that soaked clear through my clothes when I ran to the car after church. I didn't think I needed a coat today because.....I live in Oregon and we know how to do rain very well. But these were big, fat drops that soaked me!

I love the sound of rain - really and truly. (Actually, I love the sound of water - waterfalls, ocean, white water river sounds...but today it's about rain.) It's an amazing sound. I understand that big, fat drops of rain don't soak in as well as the gentle stuff. The gentle stuff tends to soak down to the roots of trees - and big, fat drops tend to run off the top. I know you don't want to read another sentence about how much I like - no, I love rain, but I do.

Today I have found myself crying out for rain in this valley - BIG, GIANT DROPS THAT DRENCH US - the Presence of God kind of rain. I love that the Holy Spirit gives us times to soak so that our roots can grow down deep and we can't be easily ripped from the soil. But, today I am longing for a heavenly downpour of the Spirit of God that drenches us.

Hos. 6:3 - "Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established like the morning; He will come to us like the rain, like the latter and former rain to the earth."
Ps. 72:6 - "He shall come down like rain upon the grass before mowing, like showers that water the earth."

Then there's this...
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." Mal. 3:10

LET IT RAIN!!!!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
That is beautiful. Thank you, I really needed that. God uses you in a mighty way.

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love