I've been reading people's 'status' postings on Facebook. New Year's Resolutions - incredible promises from the Word - even promises to not make any New Year's resolutions!

Instead of some fun, whoo-hoo thought or verse - you know those great ones that absolutely keep us going - this is what I land on...

Ps 95:10 - "Forty years long was I grieved and disgusted with that generation, and I said, It is a people that do err in their hearts, and they do not APPROVE, acknowledge, or regard My ways..."

You can walk into a room and acknowledge someone's presence without approving of them. It's not enough to just BELIEVE that God exists - believe that 'He is in the room'. He is asking you and I to regard Him (honor, obey, listen, learn His ways) AND approve His ways.

Here is the challenge I think I heard from the Holy Spirit..."You acknowledge Me, You regard Me, but do you approve of My ways?" We've walked through some very, very, very tough stuff with dear ones these last few months - and honestly, I think I was starting to get ticked! Another version of this verse says - 'they went astray in their hearts'. I need to guard my heart - what I allow to settle in there.

I think the biggest door to the room of 'approval' is - - - TRUST. Lord, You see what I cannot. You love more than I ever could understand. You are working when I cannot see anything happening. Your are Faithful. You are Powerful. You are Abundant. THE LORD REIGNS!

The Lord bless your new year and your day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love