I am thinking this morning about how prone we are to want systems and rules. THAT worked last time, so it must be what we should do EVERY TIME.

But God seems to think otherwise. Besides the absoluteness of the cross, and His love, His motto seems to be, "Trust Me." "Don't manipulate Me, or put Me to a level of your ability to understand - TRUST ME."

He healed by so many different, sometimes odd means. He used so many different types of people, and different types of stories to show us the Kingdom of God.

So - why, why, why must we insist that He perform for us the same way every time we pray??????? Rules and systems are much easier than needing to trust the goodness and grace and wisdom and power and authority and love of the God we say we love.

The pictures that I include with this blog are signs that show arrows directing the hiker to go in opposite directions. Opposite directions - yet at different junctions of the trail the need to go in the opposite direction is really important. If I decide to say, "the last direction I saw/heard said to go left so I will always go left no matter what the trail looks like - go left, go left, go left - that's my life's motto!" - I will actually miss the trail entirely - and maybe come dangerously close to the cliff.

Ps. 73:23-24 - "Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory."

Today, I am praying for an extreme awareness of Him holding my right hand. I am praying that I am aware of His nudging to go to the right or the left - that I won't have to to pushed hard to the right or left - just a nudge will be enough.

Comments

Joyce Kathleen said…
Wonderful, Jeanette. Great point, so well written--love the pics! Love you

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love