Sudoku Perspective


I am a fan of Sudoku. I'll admit to having to go the paper versions of the game because I cheat too much with my hand-held electronic game.

The weird thing is - I've really learned something from playing this game. Really. I've learned that my perspective changes when I look up and away from the puzzle! I fill in all the numbers that look obvious to me, then I explore the not so obvious ones and find those. Then, I get stuck. It doesn't seem to help me to keep staring at the puzzle, once I'm stuck! I need to look away - get my brain to focus on something else. When I come back to it an amazing thing OFTEN happens. I see things that I didn't see before.....there's an answer RIGHT THERE....right in front of me....but I couldn't see it before. Then, one answer often leads to another answer, and another, and another.

My brain does that 'mirroring' thing they talk about very well. That process sometimes wakes me up in the night, or keeps me from going to sleep at all. The answer seems to be....LOOK UP! Change your focus for awhile. It's like I'm asking for answers from God so intently that He can't get a word in edgewise! I have to intentionally look up, look away from the circumstance and look at Him to get new perspective, and often the key to the next step I should take.

That's what happens when I choose to praise Him in the middle of challenges. He gives me new perspective - and the grace and wisdom to take one step at a time.

One verse comes immediately to my mind....Jer. 33:3 ..."Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

What are your 'look up' verses? Would you mind posting them for us to read? Thanks.

Comments

created2bless said…
Thanks for the post Jeanette. I am currently going through quite a bit right now, very overwhelming.

My dog breeding business came to a halt over a year ago, my oldest daughter married a very abusive man in August 2008, my oldest son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren moved away to AZ the end of August 2008, this past January my husband lost his job, my younger daughter and her husband have separated this past weekend, my youngest son is still struggling with alcohol and substance abuse, I am an extremely stressed out and well spent student at RCC trying desperately to finish my classes in order to graduate this June and I lead an after school program at Lincoln Savage, I'm a contributing writer for The Christian Journal and my home is to be foreclosed
upon August 27th, a few months away.

I must admit I am very weary and could use a breath of fresh air, a good dose of faith and a basketful of hope right now. In all actuality, a prayer or two would be most appreciated. :-)

I am trying to keep my focus on Jesus and continue looking away from my biggest hurdles right now. I love Sudoku as well, the paper version, don't even know how to cheat (LOL), but feel I am drowning.

Thanks for listening~
Oh, I love being a Grandma, too! :-)
Aunt Tea said…
Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.
lmnamn said…
Rom 5:3-5 ...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Terri Cox said…
Here's mine;
But theses things I plan won't happen right away.Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" (Habakkuk 2:3, The Living Bible).
Terri

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

What I Have Learned...