Dennis jumping off a watchtower...


So, actually - this is NOT Dennis jumping off the watchtower - although he would do that if given the opportunity. We were in Mexico and this guy came up to us and said, "my cousin will jump off that watchtower if you give him $5." (The cousin's financial manager got a 5 from a bunch of people looking at the ocean in that spot!)

That guy jumped because he knew the spot he would land in was deep enough to be safe.

I want to trust God at such a level as to 'jump' when He says 'jump' - trusting that He knows the spot I'll land in. Beyond that I want to ENJOY THE FALL! Is that crazy? I'm not an adrenalin junky so I don't get the 'I do it for the rush' deal - but I want to enjoy the freedom that trusting gives to just enjoy the ride (or the fall in this illustration).

I wonder what YOU see when you look at this picture?

Comments

Sammie said…
Courageous risks are life-giving, they help you grow, make you brave, and better than you think you are.

Praying for courage for me usually comes when I'm fearful, unsure...

For me this picture represents...staring the possibilities of pain, disappointment and fear in the face, but having the courage to go ahead and jump anyways!

God will and always does have the perfect place for us to land!

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

What I Have Learned...