Do you REALLY work at a Funeral Home?????

I'm going to do a little 'Jeopardy' thing here...
Answer: What is "yes".
Question: Do you REALLY work in a funeral home????

Answer: What is "no".
Question: Have you always, all your life wanted to work in a funeral home?

Answer: What is "because I feel that I am there for a reason".
Question: Why are you working in a funeral home?

Ok, enough of that....I've had many questions about working at a funeral home and here's what I have to say about that!

I work there to support a team of very gifted, very good hearted, very great people who work in an intense environment. My main official responsibility is to pay the company bills and make the deposits and not make a big mess out of things! I also do whatever I'm asked to do in other areas that would be of help.

My unofficial desire is to be strengthening in some way. I am asking the God who 'restores our souls' to use me to help restore or in some small way- fortify this team of people.

I have touched, carried, delivered and said things that I never thought I would touch, carry, deliver or say in this job. For those of you who have expressed concern because my heart seems too tender at times, I thank you for that concern. To be surrounded by grief, often without hope is difficult. But, I am where I am - on purpose and for a purpose.

No, I don't know how much a cremation costs. I just learned that creamation is the wrong way to spell the word!!!! (They like me to spell it right!)

I will not be counseling families - only hugging them, if they let me!

Yes, I'm still leading worship at Parkway - yes, I'm still the pastor's wife at Parkway - I only work at Hull and Hull two days a week.

Thanks for your prayers on my behalf as well as this group of people who are doing with their lives what very few people volunteer to do - constantly 'comforting those who mourn'.
Isaiah 61:1-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love