What happens when I try to cook....


Ok - so, I have this honkin' scar on my wrist from an injury and 3 surgeries to repair that injury. What caused the injury, you ask? Well, I tried to cook. Technically, my injury came from cleaning up afterward but - I would have NEVER HAD to clean up afterwards if I hadn't tried to cook! It was Christmas Eve and I volunteered without thinking of the consequences. I dropped the bowl I was trying to wash and it broke into large pieces, one of which punched a hole in my wrist taking out 2 tendons and damaging the nerve between them. What have I learned in the last few months? Well, for one thing, I definately took the use of my right hand for granted. What I'm learning now is - you can do all the right stuff (physical therapy, massage the sight, etc...) and it still might not ever be what it's suppose to be - strong and useful and pretty! The weirdest thing to me right now is how much trouble my unusual ability to grow massive amounts of scar tissue can hamper things. It's entangled in and among really important stuff in my wrist and applying pressure that is not helpful. It makes holding my grandbabies, and playing the piano, and writing in my journal very, very painful.
So what I have I learned through this experience? I should NOT try to cook anymore, and if I do have to cook - I should NOT be the one to do the dishes. (No one else is buying that theory yet - but that's my theory and I'm stickin' to it!) Unfortunately, I have no chapter and verse for that to share with you.....but it's still the only thing I've learned that's important so far with this experience! Well, that and....'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in (your) weakness."

Comments

I like the conclusion, no more cooking and cleaning up for you anymore! I'll back you up on that one!
A Word Weaver said…
One of my favorite quotes: "Every pan is no-stick if you no-cook in it!" Praying that your healing will be complete, my friend! You are amazing! ~Jodi
koalasue45 said…
They say it takes communication to make a marriage work, and since yours is definitely working, it must be that Dennis just doesn't get it LOL. Praying for your wrist and that it is not like your "piece of cake" toe. Love and prayers from Sue T

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

What I Have Learned...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!