What I've learned from football...



Football.  
I am truly trying to learn the rules and the teams and the standings and 
why it has such a powerful connection with people.

I am trying to not pray for every guy that gets tackled - or hurt - or is at the bottom of the pile - or gets hit hard enough that his helmet flies off.  Oh my stars.   

So, basically, I think I'm not wired for football.  I feel badly for the kicker that misses the point that could have won the game, or the receiver who doesn't catch the long pass thrown to where he's suppose to be.  









But, here's what I HAVE learned...

+Winning doesn't happen without practice, strength, being aware of the opposing team's strategy, and each person doing his part.  "I've Got Your Back" is demonstrated in the playing of the game.  

+Who a person is rooting for can effect how they see a replay that will determine a penalty.  Two people can watch a replay and interpret it completely differently.  Hmmmm.....

+Encouraging fans will not guarantee the win, but it makes the game a lot more fun.  It also seems to help with endurance when the game's been hard, the players are tired, and they need the extra something to finish strong.

Hebrews 12:1 - - -
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 - - - 
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

I might not get the intensity that football seems to thrive on, but life seems pretty intense these days.  Put on your Armor, listen to our Coach, practice the opportunities for faith - both small and great, and cheer LOUDLY for those who are in the game with you.  When they drop the ball, encourage them to keep going.  When it looks like they are doing well, don't withhold your cheers of encouragement.  

While I may not understand the need to jump & belly bump when someone does well - I do appreciate a well timed text, hug, prayer or smile when I've scored or when I've fumbled.

Blessings on your heart and on your day....






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love