A New Use for Anti-Itch Cream



(Picture is just for fun!)


Ok, hypothetically, let's say that a dermatologist prescribed some acid something or other for my face - sighting something about wrinkles and my age.  Using it directly on my skin seem to make my skin super angry, so her advise was to combine it with moisturizer.  I've been encouraged by the absence of the red glow that I had been experiencing.  Not sure that it helps wrinkles - maybe the red glow was suppose to serve to distract from the wrinkles?  Hmmm...  Anyway - this morning I looked at the tube that I was adding to the moisturizer.  It was some anti-itch stuff.  ANTI- ITCH STUFF?  Really?  No wonder my skin didn't feel burned.  The tubes were the same size.  I'm not sure when I had an itch that needed medication.  (Side note: it was NOT PreparationH)

(I know...how is this going to connect with God?)

Our son had surgery because of a bad ankle fracture.  Someone gave him an essential oil to rub on the surgery site to aid in healing.  Really pure, highly thought of and strongly recommended by the oil person.  Weeks later, the site was red and  super irritated.  The thought was - more surgery to see what was infected  -  lots of screws were involved.  First, he stopped using the oil and what do you know - the irritation went away.  His body did not react well to the oil.  The oil was not bad, and it really worked for someone else, but was not what HIS body needed at that time.

(Yes...I'm getting to the God part...)

Sometimes our desire to be better or healed leads us to listen to the passion of someone else.  Sometimes it leads us to adding something to the Word of God (that isn't actually in there), or taking a verse out of context (so it reinforces what we desire, or want to believe).  Sometimes we don't stop and really look at what we are applying/adding to our lives.  "It must be good/right/real because it sounds like a God thing".

Please look at the "spiritual label" on things that you are applying to your heart.  Don't get distracted from Jesus - the Author and Finisher of our faith.  He spoke with authority, but lived in humility.  He was straight about religion vs relationship.  He served.  He loved.  He died.  He paid the high price that our sin costs.  He rose in incredible power.  Don't get distracted away from JESUS.

Philippians 1:9-10 - And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ...

John 7:24 - Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 - ...for even satan disguises himself as an angel of light.  So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness.  Their end will correspond to their deeds.

I Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

James 1:5 - If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

...who gives generously to all without reproach....     I love that.

I told Dennis this morning (after the moisturizer incident) - "I feel a blog coming on!"

I'm not asking you to be fearful or cynical  - I'm asking you to be wise and discerning.

Blessings on you as you seek Him with all of your heart.

JW


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love