Why I'm married and still smiling...

This week will mark our 39th anniversary.  Yep, crazy.


Things about our "us"-ness that makes me smile...

A couple of weeks ago Dennis decided to teach about truths found in the song, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing".  That's fine.  They were good truths brought out of the FIVE verses of the "Hark"song.  He wanted me to sing the entire song at the end of the sermon.  I have a thing about Christmas carols and Easter songs....I always mess them up when I play them.  It's a psych thing, I'm sure, but it's what happens.  I almost made it through the song.  It was the last verse that got me, and my hands basically played the chords to another song while I sang the final "Hark" verse.  He closed in prayer and turned around and started laughing at/with me.  He knows I give it my best shot but sometimes...

I smile cuz he eats whatever I cook - for the most part.  He does get super excited when we get invited to eat at someone else's house.  Hmmmm....  Someone keeps sending me cooking magazines.  When we get to heaven, I better not find it it was him!

I smile cuz he doesn't make me go hunting with him or eat the meat that he loves so much.

I smile cuz he gets my love of technology and tech gadgets, even though he's not drawn to it.

I smile cuz time has not worn down his passion, his resolve, his desire to be absolutely obedient to God no matter the cost.  If anything his passion, resolve and desire for God has intensified.  His life has been threatened, his motive has been questioned, our house has been violated more than once, I have heard people tell him to his face that they want to destroy him  - and yet he pursues what God asks him to pursue.  He is not bitter, he still looks for the most vulnerable in any situation and tries to defend them, he believes and teaches the Word, he's not perfect - but all of this (about him) makes me smile and very grateful.

There's so much more that comes to my mind that makes me smile - but for now - I love that we're coming up on 39 years together and I love that we are still smiling.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love