White 57 year old Webber Woman really can't jump...

You have to laugh, cry or swear…might as well laugh

Cooking the ham in the plastic.  No, I haven't cooked ham very often - I'm a HoneyBaked Ham girl.  This was a Costco spiral cut - in foil - with no warming instructions.  I just put it in the oven and said, "that was easy".  Then came the unveiling moment….take the foil off….find that it's incased in plastic.  Kept the juices in - but……I didn't learn that on Iron Chef.

Stress pushing hair right out of my chin - 1/2 inch in one day.  I had a day of visual clarity.  I've figured out that God MEANT that we lose the ability to see up close for a reason when we get older.  It would scare us if we could see the details of our face clearly!  But, for one insane moment I could SEE.  And I saw a - - - - hair - - - sticking out of my chin.  I'm sure it wasn't there the week before Christmas, so it had to be stress that pushed that hummer right out into the open.  I'm lucky one of the grandkids didn't try to pull it out themselves.

Getting to see a calf being born.  We were driving on a large ranch in the area that Hearst Castle is located - - - in a well loved truck (our friend who was driving kept saying, "Don't worry.  I won't do anything that hurts my truck"),  when our friend casually said that the cow we were driving by (out in the boonies) was having a calf.  Right before our very eyes. Yes, I live in Oregon and am married to a hunter, but I was raised in CA and I feel more comfortable knowing that meat comes on a styrofoam plate, covered in plastic.   It was amazing and gross and crazy and fun at the same time.  After the calf was born, all the cow relatives came running over to see the new addition.

Pressing the eject instead of the play while running the cd for the Christmas kids musical, bringing the musical to a grinding halt until I could get it up to "30"-  one number at a time - the place on the cd that we needed to be.  (We have an old cd player in the sanctuary…)  Dennis was sitting in the balcony close by - I thought he was going to shoot something out of his nose, he was laughing so hard.

Seeing what I look like trying to do a Wii Dance thing with my grandson.  I won, but it wasn't pretty.  (Daughter in law sent a video.  So great to have smart phones to document our special family moments!   White 57 year old women really can't jump!)

Getting to actually touch something at the Hearst Castle Tour…


Nice pose!



The only person who got in trouble on our tour at Hearst Castle was great-grandpa.  He stepped off the tourist carpet with one foot.  Rebel.

We have a choice in what we meditate on.  I could have used this time to talk about missing my parents and sister, or being alone on Christmas (for the most part), or the narly stomach flu that hijacked our highly anticipated road trip/family time.  But I want, no, I need, actually, I CHOOSE to savor the fun moments, the treasure.  It is my choice to do so.

Every day we have that choice.  What will we magnify?  What are we grateful for?  What makes us smile - or better yet - laugh out loud.  God.is.good.

Psalm 50:23 (ESV)

23 The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
    to one who orders his way rightly
    I will show the salvation of God!”









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

What I Have Learned...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!