Singggging in the rain....



God has said, "Hold up your cup and I will fill it with My rain."

So simple.

So hard.

I want the cup to be filled up faster than rain - I want a hose.

Please, Father?

I've longed, for too long, to be 'right enough'...
 "Right" enough for my parents.
"Right" enough for my family."
"Right" enough for people.
"Right" enough for God.

I'm even trying really hard to be 'right' about where the rain is so I'm holding my cup up in the right place.  I am worshiping enough?  Praying enough?  Listening enough?  Longing enough?
Growing up I heard people say something like, "Stand under the spout where the Glory comes out!"
Where's the dang spout????
I'm doing 5 Bible studies (or classes) right now - surely the rain is in there somewhere?
I want to do things right.  I want to be right.

God doesn't seem impressed.

He says, "Let go.  You have never, are not - and never, ever will be right enough.
That's why I came.  That's why I died.  That's why I hold the keys to every thing that binds."
He says, "I AM the One who is Right.  I AM Enough.
You abide in Me - You rest in Me and My 'Enoughness',  My Sufficiency,
My Abundance is yours.  What's Mine is yours."

I have a new picture of holding up my cup in the rain!






Yay for His rain that fills and heals and cleans and refreshes!

I have that famous gospel song  :-)  going through my head,
"I'm singgggggging in the rain..."

Probably should switch it to,
"There shall be showers of blessing...."

Nope - pretty stuck on Singing in the Rain!  My new favorite worship song!





Comments

Joyce Kathleen said…
How do you possibly pack so much content and connection in so few words? Whew. What a gift you are.
Joyce Kathleen said…
How on earth do you pack so much heart filling content into so few words? You have a gift. You ARE a gift.
Joyce Kathleen said…
How on earth do you pack so much heart-healing content into so few words? You have a gift. You ARE a gift.

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

What I Have Learned...