Is that a cat on your head?

I was sitting on a friend's couch a couple of weeks ago and (unexpectedly) their cat jumped up (in that silent, stealth-like way) right where my head was occupying. I've had cats jump from kitchen counters directly onto my head - freestyle jumping. Again, stealth-like - I didn't even hear that the cat was in the room until it was on my head! Or, perhaps you'd like to hear about my sister's CRAZY A.D.D. cat who was racing all around the living room but stopped long enough to dance on my head (again, while I was sitting on the couch).

Yes, I am a dog person. Yes, I know that cats are smart and know if someone is not a fan - - - but really? Do they need to be on my head. No, I do not wear some cat-nip type hair product that they just can't resist. It's just a strange part of my life.

I've had many strange cat experiences. Too many to mention here.

What's my point? GOOD QUESTION!

Do I walk around, afraid every day? "Is THIS a day that another cat will dance on my head?" "I must stay far, far away from cats." "I will protect myself from ever being taken advantage of by a cat again!" "I think I'll stay in my house all day - no cat is ever going to hurt me again!" Do I now EXPECT a bad experience with cats?

What a fulfilling way to live! I've just let a POSSIBLE cat moment shut down my life.

Don't let fear or disappointment or self-pity ("no one else really knows what it's like to have cats jump on their heads like this") rule you! Don't let fear make your decisions for you. Tell the enemy where to get off. "RESIST him and he will flee from you."
We know that "God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind."

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love