I Wanna Hold Your Hand...

Many years ago, Dennis and I tried to adopt a little 2 year girl. Because of the place of life that her mama was in at the time, that little girl was basically taking care of herself. A two year old - finding food, protecting herself, setting her own schedule. The thoughts that assail my mind right now still bring on the tears. One thing that stands out was her little voice saying, "me do it" - - - a lot. She grabbed my finger as we went upstairs to go to bed - never being game to have my hand hold HER hand. She wanted to be the one holding on. She didn't know how much safer she would be if she would LET ME HOLD HER HAND. From her perspective, I wasn't worth trusting. But the truth was - my strength was enormously more than her strength - my heart wanted to offer her everything I was - what would it take for her to trust me...especially on the stairs?

That roller coaster of an effort to adopt did not end successfully (from our view)...but, she will forever be in our hearts. And, I learned quite a bit from her - not the least was this 'let God hold your hand' principle. He wants to be the one with the firm grip on us, but we often respond to His request with our version of, "me do it".

He has a stronghold on me - - - and on you, if we let Him.

Is. 45: 1
THUS SAYS THE LORD TO HIS ANOINTED, TO CYRUS, (put your name in there), WHOSE RIGHT HAND I HAVE GRASPED...
Read this whole chapter - it is HUGE!

Ps. 27:1
THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION - WHOM SHALL I FEAR?
THE LORD IS THE STRONGHOLD OF MY LIFE - OF WHOM SHALL I BE AFRAID?

My Father,
Today, right now, will You show us Your delight in us. Will You show us Your strength and care - especially when we're climbing uphill. Help us let go of our need to be in control and let You hold on to us. Thank You for what You are doing at this very moment - speak, Lord, Your servants are listening....

Comments

lia crees said…
Thank you for posting! That's all just thank you! Lia

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love