How's Your Mailbox?

We were gone most of last week, so, Dennis asked that our mail be held and then delivered on Saturday. Usually, it is put on our front porch after being held - but not this time. This time it was JAMMED into our little security mailbox cubby. Magazines and CATALOGS (it's the season) and a package and a bunch of regular mail all jammed into a little box. I had to undo it like a puzzle - one piece at a time to get it out.

Sometimes my life feels that way. Things get 'delivered', one after the other...no hot water yesterday, NO water today, 3 more families going through the process of the loss of loved ones, our kids facing challenging decisions that you want to make all better but know you can't...those kind of 'deliveries'.

I've learned I have to unload whatever is delivered EVERY DAY. I need to take it to the Father EVERY DAY. If I'm too busy to take it to the Father, then I'm too busy...because I'm not built for all this all the time. I will get jammed up like our little mailbox, and that is NOT pretty!

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30 (New Living Translation)

Will you join me in unloading what's been handed to you every day - not holding on to some - and not being so busy 'doing' for God that you don't have time to 'be' with Him?

God is HUGE. He can handle with excellence everything you and I hand to Him, but He won't jerk it from us - He's waiting...

Comments

ktom220 said…
Thank you Jeanette - My first time to do a blog thing and with yours a good place to start! Thank you for taking the time to share these tho'ts, I'll visit again. Our God is big ... we shall "be of good cheer." Kathleen Tomkins

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love