Watchtower Diving Number 2...


If you look closely at the picture below (it helps to click on the picture and see the enlarged version) you will see the divers head - it's the spot behind the row of waves. I want to assure you he is unharmed and will dive many more times in his future.

My own 'watchtower diving' thoughts bring me to when I was asked to go alone into the maximum security women's prison in Salem - to tell my story and talk about how loving and being love by Jesus changes us to the core of who we are. I ended up going in every week for 2 1/2 years.

I'm reminded of being asked to go to Malaysia and share for 12 hours a day for 3 days about leading worship, and what the Word says about worship and worshippers. The kicker here was that one section of the ministry leaders that were at this conference didn't want a woman teaching them anything. (I didn't know that until I got there.)

Reality for me is that it is a 'watchtower diving' experience for me to let go of anxious thoughts and fears sometimes. To trust God - not gritting my teeth - but with abandon. I love our children fiercely and am not thrilled when they are in pain, or in painful circumstances. I absolutely want them to have strong spiritual muscles, to be mature and stable adults with depth. I want them to KNOW God, and they will KNOW Him by walking their own journey of trust with Him. I'm just telling you it's still hard for my mom's heart for them to be in pain.

So, today I'm also telling you that every day I CHOOSE to dive - to 'lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord' - like the Amplified Version of the Bible says in Prov. 3:5....
"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just call me…..SHANIQUA!

Overwhelmed by love